Purchase invoices with VAT and 0 rated items

I am new to quickfile and going through basic entries. Many of our purchase invoices contain both VAT and zero rated items. I dont seem to be able to enter the invoice to accomodate. Can anyone advise me. Thanks

Are you entering them through Receipt Hub? This is a quick entry method and will default to a single item line but you can edit the purchase invoice after it has been created.

You can override the actual VAT amount (leave the rate at 20%) to match the supplier invoice - I often find I have to do this anyway even with invoices that are all one rate, due to rounding differences where the supplier calculates VAT at the line level. With purchases all that really matters is that the net and vat totals match the invoice, if you ever get inspected they care much more about the fact that you have the right paperwork from the supplier than about the precise way you’ve recorded the numbers in your software.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.