HOME / COMMUNITY Switch to knowledge base

Purchases not included in VAT return

I have 3 purchases made in June 2016 and all paid the same day. For some reason they did not get included with the VAT return for q/e 30.06.16. When I look at the individual payment receipts the all show ‘DETACH’ next to the payment instruction. Is this why they did not get included and what does it mean? When I run my next quarter VAT return all 3 are showing???

Hi @manleyc

The ‘detach’ button allows you to break the association between a payment and an invoice.

Anything missed off a VAT return will be picked up the following time, however it shouldn’t have been missed if it was both raised and paid before the VAT return.

I’ll send you a private message now to get a few more details off you. Look for a little green notification in the top right hand corner.

I have also had this problem, but not with purchases. I have a few invoices and credit notes that have not been included automatically in my VAT Returns. My accountant has picked this up, but I don’t know how to fix it. Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi @Raquel

I’ll send you a private message to get a few more details, and to see if we can find out why this is the case. Please look for a notification in the top right corner.