Purchases not included in VAT return

I have 3 purchases made in June 2016 and all paid the same day. For some reason they did not get included with the VAT return for q/e 30.06.16. When I look at the individual payment receipts the all show ‘DETACH’ next to the payment instruction. Is this why they did not get included and what does it mean? When I run my next quarter VAT return all 3 are showing???

Hi @manleyc

The ‘detach’ button allows you to break the association between a payment and an invoice.

Anything missed off a VAT return will be picked up the following time, however it shouldn’t have been missed if it was both raised and paid before the VAT return.

I’ll send you a private message now to get a few more details off you. Look for a little green notification in the top right hand corner.

I have also had this problem, but not with purchases. I have a few invoices and credit notes that have not been included automatically in my VAT Returns. My accountant has picked this up, but I don’t know how to fix it. Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi @Raquel

I’ll send you a private message to get a few more details, and to see if we can find out why this is the case. Please look for a notification in the top right corner.

1 Like

I seem to have the same problem. An invoice was issued before the VAT quarter and paid within the VAT quarter, but it isn’t getting included in the VAT returns. Is it because the invoice creation predates the quarter? Using cash accounting, I suppose this shouldn’t be the case.

@coldblow if you’re on cash account and the payment falls into the VAT Return period, hasn’t been included in a prior return and assuming the invoice is not marked as out of scope then it should be included.

Feel free to send me a private message with your QuickFile account number and purchase invoice number and I can take a look for you.

@QFMathew I have exactly the same issue as others above. How can I contact you directly with details about invoices that were not included in VAT declaration calculations but should be?

Hi @aspexi

You can start a new private message by clicking your avatar (top right), clicking the envelope and then sending a message to @QFSupport. Either myself or one of my colleagues will take a look for you.

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.