Quickfile and receipt bank via Zapier

New client uses receipt bank, I’m not really interested in signing up to the receipt bank accountants platform as the cost outweighs the benefit.

But I can see that zapier can bridge the gap between receipt bank and quickfile.

I wondered if anyone has experience in bridging the two in order for my client to send his receipts directly to his quickfile account?

Not sure if its relevant but my clients quickfile account is hosted with my affinity dashboard.

Hi Paul_Courtier,
with zapier you can only create invoices, new clients, bank entries, journal entries and so in quickfile. I think it is not possible to use it to upload receipts. I use zapier quite a lot, also for quickfile but I haven’t seen the ability to used it for sending receipts to quickfile.
But you can use it for dropbox (if you use dropbox). You could use receipt bank directly with dropbox but I think receipt bank creates their own folder in dropbox and you have to manually move the documents from their folder to the quickfile folder. If you use zapier in between you can place them directly in the qickfile folder within dropbox and quickfile will pick up the documents/receipts automatically.
Sorry, I don’t use receipt bank but that would be the way I would try to do it. Here is a link to how to link receipt bank with dropbox:

Edit: I had a quick look on my zapier account and that are the things you can do in quickfile when you user zapier

Here is a list with things you can do in dropbox when using zapier:

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply. Oh well it was a thought.

The idea of receipt bank to Dropbox sounds good. I don’t have to have it linked to quickfile in that respect, it was more so to make it easier for the client to send the work over. I’m happy for him to just link his receipt bank to a Dropbox on my desktop if it works that way.

Thanks for your help.

1 Like

It isn’t, I started a feature request for this though as Dropbox is useless for the way I use it.

You can still do this in Zapier. I use it with Drive as I save my receipts locally to the Drive folder on the NAS here and Zapier checks this folder and then moves anything that appears to the Dropbox folder. Should work the same if you set the Dropbox Receipt Bank folder as the source folder.

That it was I said! You need zapier between receipt bank and quickfile to get the documents in the right folder automatically.

I wasn’t sure if you did or not tbh! I was going off the fact you said you have to do it manually.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.