Quickfile API create invoice and use default terms

I am using the API to create an invoice. Is there a way to make it use the default “payment terms” & “additional notes” if those fields are not passed through the API create call? I am currently just wanting to pass description, price and customer.

Hi @Dean_Morgan

This isn’t something that’s supported at the moment, but I’ll certainly raise this with our development team to see if something could be adjusted to support this.

Thanks…it would be good to have.
Also, it seems to automatically send by post regardless of the users’s QF default settings. I don’t want to pass that option through the API as it needs to suit the settings of each user of the system. i.e. some might have their settings as email & post, some just email etc… Any way round this?

That would be correct. However, this wouldn’t be done via the Invoice_Create function but rather the Invoice_Send function.

In this case, you would need to supply true or false for both the SendByEmail and SendBySnailMail options. Supplying ‘false’ to both would simply mark the invoice as ‘SENT’.

Of course, if you’re experiencing something different, if you could supply some sample code, we’ll certainly take a closer look.

@Dean_Morgan - Just a quick update to confirm this has been implemented and is live. The change is as follows, for v1.2 of the API (both JSON and XML).

If no <Terms> or <Notes> values are supplied in the API call, then the default for that client (based on trading style or account default) will automatically be used.

However, if they are supplied empty, e.g.:

<Terms></Terms>
<Notes></Notes> 

or

"Terms": "",
"Notes": "",

then they will be left blank on the invoice.

Give it a go, and let us know how you get on :slight_smile:

That’s great thanks! :slight_smile: