Quickfile community stops discussion too quickly

Working for many years with Quickfile I find the community.quickfile very frustrating. It closes topics after 7 days. This is too soon in my opinion. It also prevents old topics from being explored. I can redo a topic, but then it is often referred to the old topic which failed to address the issue. I can’t upvote a topic that is closed. So it is difficult to raise or vote on issues that have been covered.

I just had one topic closed after 7 days, even though i was in a private discussion with someone and only just responded yesterday to their question.

This makes the community a very frustrating form of query, feedback and support.

Hi @Gavin_Smith

Thanks for your feedback.

Feature requests and private messages aren’t limited to the same 7 day closure timer. If you do notice this, please let us know and we can remove it.

Generally, topics in Support and Accounting are limited, but sometimes where a topic if taken private or moved to a feature request, for example, the timer remains. In that case, the fact that it’s still there is just user error, for which I apologise.