Quickfile & GoCardless DD Intergration

Hello!

Hoping somebody can help me with my query…

I have GoCardless set up for my clients so their invoices can be collected automatically via Direct Debit without me having to chase them and them having the hassle of manually paying them every month… My quick question is, if a client has multiple invoices due on the same dates, would the direct debit automatically debit all invoice amounts in one singular payment, or would the direct debit take individual payments per invoice?

I’m trying to reduce the fees paid, and need to know whether I should issue singular invoices for the whole month, or can issue them weekly, and still take them via one singular Direct Debit payment to avoid paying multiple fees per invoice.

Many thanks!

Hello @awtravel

would the direct debit automatically debit all invoice amounts in one singular payment, or would the direct debit take individual payments per invoice?

It would take individual payments per invoice.

If possible you could try condensing down what you are charging down into 1 monthly invoice, that way there would be only 1 fee, but it would depend on the client and the situation.

What we do is have consolidated Recurring Profiles.
We use the comments option to create a Heading and Subgroup. This means we only pay the transaction fee of £0.20 once. It also means that if there is a payment issue its for the whole lot and not just part meaning we can turn off all services as leverage.

Using the heading and the sub-totals gives clarity to the receiver

We are about to make another change moving all our invoicing to the 1st of each month this will be a big change but will help us in the long run.

1 Like