Quickfile Vs Wave

Hi, given the recent price increases by Quickfile I was looking for alternatives for the multiple client accounts using Quickfile.
I came across Wave which offers most of the compabilities (if not more) Quickfile does for free. Does anyone have experience with Wave and can share their feedback?

Hi,
I can’t say anything about wave but I can say when reading through post in the forum that quite a lot moved from wave to quickfile.
https://community.quickfile.co.uk/search?context=topic&context_id=49120&q=Wave&skip_context=true

One user wrote that wave doesn’t support the UK market anymore but don’t know is it true or not.

Another user wrote last year that wave stopped to provide open banking feeds. If you want to use feeds then you should may double check this.

Hi @spq123

Just to add to @rhc’s reply, Wave did announce in 2020 that they were discontinuing their product outside of the US and Canada (see here)

But if you have any questions or any particular features you’re looking for with QuickFile, we’re happy to help! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the info, impetus to move driven by price increases by QF.

In general happy with QF however the price increases are disappointing.

In all fairness this is the first time I’ve seen quickfile increase their prices in 5 years (may be more). With the way everything has gone up in price lately I don’t think it was done out of choice. Don’t get me wrong I don’t like price increases either but everything seems to go up every year. I still feel I get more value out of quickfilr in time if nothing else than what I’m paying. Still cheaper than quickbooks!

That’s almost correct. It’s the first increase since we introduced the charge in 2016.

That’s good to hear @spq123! As I mentioned above, if you need any help with anything, just let us know - we’re here to help!

Can I just touch on this point from your original price - are you acting in the capacity of an accountant, bookkeeper or similar? If so, Affinity is a more cost effective way to manage multiple accounts than paying for individual account subscriptions. Just let us know if you’d like more details.

I would say that Quickfile is much stronger! I have used both and I am firmly a bigger fan of Quickfile particularly for accountant access level features. Wave was built for US markets and it really shows :confused:

The price increase does bite but I feel it is a fair increase compared to what I am seeing elsewhere.

Chris :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, yes acting as a bookkeeper. I set up an affinity account but it seems as if this is an additional cost to the individual account subscriptions? Or once I set up billing with Affinity the individual account subscriptions and bank feed linked to Affinity account profile will be updated automatically?

What will the cost saving be to do this?

On the price increase, this is well in excess of rate of inflation which is what causes concern for similar rises in the future.

When an account is linked with Affinity, the Power User Subscription is optional. If an account already has it, they will still receive the renewal notice, but it’s optional.

If the Power User Subscription isn’t renewed but it is linked to Affinity, there is a saving from the 2nd account attached:

Accounts (L) Power User Subscription Affinity Saving per year
2 £120.00 £80.40 £39.60
5 £300.00 £200.88 £99.12
10 £600.00 £401.76 £198.24

The added bonus is, Affinity is calculated daily. So if you only have an account linked for 15 days, you only pay for the 15 days, not the full month.

The biggest difference would be, Affinity is billed to you rather than the end client. But this means you can include this as part of your fees (and even add a bit extra, if you wanted).

On client has an XL account and an ongoing subscription. If Affinity is used, once this subscription expires can I renew it via Affinity?

Also the Affinity fee is taking into account all the accounts linked to the profile from commencement. Given, for example, the XL account has a power subscription already then doesn’t that just mean I will be double paying for the same subscription (until expiry, if above is correct)?

Does the Affinity fee also include bank feeds?

Hi

No, because the power user subscription has different features

No, that’s a separate subscription.

Sorry if I am missing the obvious but what is the point of the Affinity profile if accounts are still paying a subscription for M, L, XL etc accounts and bank feed? Just seems an additional layer of fees

Each account has to pay the bank feed if they want one. You or your client can pay this in one off payment ((£15 +VAT) or you can add the fee in smaller parts to your affinity monthly payment

Power user subscription and affinity are two different things. You as a bookkeeper/accountant do your things you normally do on your affinity account and if your client want to use their account to do things without involving you and want to use the power user features on their account then they need to purchase the subscription. If they don’t do anything on their account and don’t want to use the power user festures then they don’t need to pay.

Hello @spq123

Just to clarify

For example 1xM, 1xL, 1xXL is 28.60p/day billed as £8.87/m to the Affinity account holder

You can add as many users as you wish to the profiles and they can access their companies regardless of the number of transactions on the account without a subscription.

They can choose to purchase a subscription if they wish for the extra Power user Features

If the client leaves you or you detach the profile and they are above the free tier threshold (and have not already optionally purchased a subscription), they will be prompted to purchase a subscription upon logging in.

Bank feeds is completely separate, we can bill it to you or the client if it is required

So if I am billed via Affinity profile I will have full access to the M/L/XL accounts same as client on power subscription but when the power subscription expires I will still retain same access but client will not be able to use the account unless he/she renews power subscription?

Also I can add another user to Affinity profile to access all the accounts linked?

Hello @spq123

So if I am billed via Affinity profile I will have full access to the M/L/XL accounts same as client on power subscription but when the power subscription expires I will still retain same access but client will not be able to use the account unless he/she renews power subscription?

The client will have the option to purchase a subscription renewal if they wish to do so but it is not required for them to retain access.

Also I can add another user to Affinity profile to access all the accounts linked?
Yes, you can do this under your Team Management area within your affinity account.

Regarding my first point in last message can you confirm with Affinity I will retain same access as client has with power subscription when the power subscription expires?

But I will have full access to the account same as client would have when they purchase a power subscription?

Hello @spq123

You will have full access to the account but some features such as the ones mentioned below are only available with a Power User Subscription to retain its value.

• Advanced Customisation
  • Full audit trail and revision history on invoices, estimates and recurring templates
  • Sent email log (last 6 months)
  • Retains copies of all emails sent from QuickFile for 6 months.
  • Enhanced Multi-Invoice entry
  • Detailed breakdown of Profits Available for Distribution
  • Split bank tagging
  • Keyboard Shortcuts
  • Web hooks
  • Customised Dashboard totals

Everything else is available without a subscription when a client profile is linked to Affinity.