Yes the issue was certainly on the bank side but they said that any ticket must be raised by Quickfile and not by me.
There was no delay. What did happen was that I began by attempting to connect to my personal bank account but I realised my mistake and did not confirm. When I tried again with the correct customer id (for my business account) I got this error. Rebooting, clearing the cache, and even using a different browser did not help.
I have, however, just tried again using a laptop that I normally just use for personal stuff that runs Windows 7 (as opposed to my work desktop that runs Win 10) and I was able to connect
first time, I can now refresh from my work desktop as well so all is well that ends well.
Thanks for your time.