RBS Current account and Clearspend bank feeds

Similar questions have been asked before but there seems to have been a relatively recent improvement on the RBS side.

When I try and activate an RBS bank feed I am first asked whether I want a digital banking (current account) feed or a Clearspend (credit card feed). I can select either one and link it to the appropriate account and all seems well.

However, I cannot then link the other one. I could periodically unlink one feed and link the other but I would have thought that I should be able to link both accounts at the same time.

Hi @Tony_Hasler

Can I just check if you normally use the same login for both RBS and Clearspend?

We currently have a separate option for NatWest Clearspend - not sure if that would work for RBS too (as they’re the same banking group). If you do want to give it a go, I’d be curious to hear the outcome.

Otherwise, we can defer this to our development team to take a look.

There is a totally different login process for RBS digital banking and RBS Clearspend. The bank feed application firsts asks if I want Digital Banking or Clearspend. After selecting which one I want I am directed to the appropriate login in screen and all works OK. Let us say I pick Clearspend.

Having connected Clearspend, the option to select RBS again from the Quickfile dropdown list disappears. So,I can’t link the current account. If I remove the Clearspend feed, the RBS option appears again in the dropdown list and I can go through and pick the digital banking option to link current account.

Although Natwest is owned by RBS, I can’t use Natwest Clearpsend option to access my RBS credit card transactions.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.