Real cc instead of bcc on invoices

Hi there.

I have a client whose accounts payable team requires the engaging manager to email them to approve invoices for payment. I was hoping cc’ing all the relevant emails would enable him to reply all and approve this easily. It seems the cc is actually technically a bcc though, with the addresses listed at the bottom of the email. So he needs to remember to copy and paste this into the address field each month. Is it possible to set this to actually cc everyone, so he can easily reply all and I get my payment through quickly? I’m using recurring invoices, but would like this feature on both single and recurring invoices if possible.

If not, can anyone suggest an easy way to facilitate this? I might need to forward it manually from my own email or set up a rule in my email that auto forwards it on when it comes in. Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thank you.

Jess

Hi @inclusiveweb,

The way the system works with the emails is it actually sends out a fresh email to each address so isn’t even bcc. It may be best if you need/want multiple people copied in to send it to yourself and then forward this to the relevant group.

Sorry I couldn’t be more help.

Thanks Beth.
Yeah. That’s a shame, as it negates the usefulness of the automated invoice system having to manually forward it on. I’ll see if there’s a way to set up an auto-forward from my personal email account on my client’s email system (Gmail requires approval from the person being forwarded to, so that won’t work).

Would there be any scope for making a real cc an optionon invoices in future? I’m not sure the point of having individual emails sent rather than a single email with multiple addresses cc’d in. The latter is more standard process in institutions I work with, so everyone can easily see who is getting the invoice and can reply all if approval is required.

It’d also be cool to schedule single invoices to send out as soon as work is complete.

Cheers for your response anyway.

Jess

Hi @inclusiveweb,

I can change this to a feature request post for you so that we can monitor the interest on having emails cc’d and then look into whether this is possible within QuickFile.

Thanks,

The issue with this idea as I understand it is that when QuickFile generates emails to multiple recipients the link it creates to the invoice in the client area is specific to each recipient, so that when they click through you can see in the event log exactly who clicked the link. To do a true CC they’d have to send the same link to every recipient and any click by any of them would show up in the log as the primary contact for that client.

@ian_roberts,

That is a very good point and would be the case for the link. So there would be some compromises with CCing with the email. It would have to be looked into much further to see whether it would be possible but maybe it would work if the invoice/estimate would be attached as a pdf rather than the link to log in to their account.

Doesn’t matter either way as once you’ve forwarded the email you still have no idea who actually logged into the account to view it, only who it was emailed to originally.

If the recipient forwards the link within their organisation I agree. There is still, however, a greater probability of it being right. Copies to me, however, are true copies and I have to remember not to click on links, especially on overdue notices, to avoid creating false views.

Catering for varying practices at different clients is always a problem. At least they aren’t insisting that you use their own portal to create invoices as one of my local authority clients is trying to do.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.