Rebilling expenses - missing feature

Reading existing forum questions and the KB, it is clear that I cannot rebill expenses to an existing invoice or estimate.

My scenario.
I have an estimate.
It is approved.
Once the service is provided, I have expenses I need to rebill. This is travelling expenses so might be slightly different from what was estimated.
I’d like to search for my ACTUAL recorded expenses directly in my estimate (or in the invoice when the estimate is converted to invoice) but this is not possible.

I see the staff are suggesting to create an invoice for expenses only - well, this is far from ideal, also because my estimate is one (Service + expenses) and I would end up with two invoices (Service AND expenses) making difficult for my customer to check things.

By having to manually add expenses I also lose the very handy feature that all receipts are transferred to the invoice too.

What I would like to do is to be able to search existing expenses in an estimate/invoice. Or add expenses to an existing invoice.

Would this be something you’d consider for a future update?

Thanks
Antonio

Hello @Tony359

We consider all requests made but we would try and implement the feature requests with the most votes first as more people would benefit from the resources used to develop them.

Absolutely, thank you Steve. I hope this is a feature which is requested by others too!

Thanks for your reply!