Receipt Hub integration with newer Android versions

Hi,

I tried today to E-Mail receipts using my smartphone running Android 8.

The issue here is that the camera app is directly integrated with Google Photos (which used to not be the case), and therefore sharing from the camera app sends the receipt picture from the domain “google.com”, e.g.

“Michel Drescher (via Google Photos)” noreply-4085c25a6bfa198e3d8d8effffffffff@google.com

Downloading from Google Photos and then uploading manually seems futile to me…

There are several ways how to proceed and solve this:

• Add Google Photos / Google Drive integration
  • Trigger on a configurable keyword in the message body
  • Trigger on the “Reply To” header of the message which contains the sender’s (i.e. me) E-Mail address when sent from Google Photos

Cheers,
Michel

Hi @Michel

Thank you for your suggestion.

We’ll leave this thread open for others to add their feedback and comments.

In the meantime, you can use an email app on your phone to email it in, or alternatively use a third party service such as Dropbox. Although we don’t currently support Google Drive (there is a separate feature request for this if you want to add your vote), you may be able to set up a Zapier rule to transfer it to somewhere like Dropbox or perhaps even email it (I haven’t tested this).

Hi @QFMathew,

I found a way - it wasn’t really obvious to me, I can actually tell the app, when sharing, to not share via Google Photos, but via E-Mail instead.

Tested, and it works.

Cheers,
Michel

1 Like

There’s always other apps such as CamScam that provide the same functionality although I’m always reluctant to add yet another app.

Sharing via email is the simple solution though.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.