Receipt hub or invoice hub?

Each time I make a purchase I try to get an invoice for my records. I assume that when I have an invoice, combined with banking records that show a payment, then the documentation is complete and I need no “receipt” from the supplier to prove that the purchase has been made. That’s why I am puzzled that Quickfile talks so much about capturing receipts. Am I doing this wrong? I capture invoices (put them in the receipt hub) and attach them to my record of the purchase in Quickfile. This is also linked to a payment in my bank statement. Should I be asking for a receipt and uploading that instead? Who ever asks for receipts? Nobody asks me for receipts.

Thanks for any advice on this.
cheers
Hugh

In a previous life I used to teach people how to use software packages. One thing that I always had to explain was that the labels given to the various functions were just labels not instructions.

I only see receipts if I buy things for cash, like you I depend on a combination of invoices and bank records for the rest.

Hi @scoraigwind

Technically speaking, the “Receipt Hub” can be used for any time of document as they can moved into any other folder (including things like remittance slips and bank statements).

I’ve not been with QuickFile from the start, I’ve joined the team as it’s grown, but in the earlier days there was an iPhone app which allowed you to capture receipts on the go and upload them into the receipt hub. The app was later depreciated, with a new one coming soon. But I’d say the functionality has grown with the receipt hub and the name has just stuck :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.