Receipt hub/payments editing

I need to alter the payment from bank transfer to credit card on a lot of entries. Is there a quick way to do this? I have to go in to the payment and change it then go right back to the list of payments and page down to the next item. Is there a way I can click backwards/forwards through the payments and amend them one by one?

Hi @allybat63

Is it just the nominal code you need to change (from a bank account to the credit card account)? Do you know which transactions they would be from the bank statement view?

Hi Mathew

The account is ok and showing as credit card.

It’s the payment method when I view the payment. They are showing ‘bank transfer’ and I need them to show ‘credit card’. I am accessing each one to change it from the drop down bar then I have to come out, select payments again and page down until I get to the next one.

It’s time consuming and I wondered if I could ‘select all’ and make the amendment.

Allison

Hi @allybat63

There isn’t a way to change this in bulk unfortunately, but the field is just for reference and has no bearing on your accounts overall.

Unless you need this field to say “credit card”, you can leave them as they are if you wish.

I can’t because it won’t tag to the credit card account unless I change it

I’m sorry, I’m not following here? The payment method shouldn’t affect this.

Would you be able to give me a few steps to try and see if I can replicate your issue please, and we can take a look at this for you?

Thanks

I must have just checked a couple, by chance, that weren’t on the credit card. All sorted! I do have another question though. Sorry to be a pain.

ÂŁ95.00 purchase keyed for hotel
ÂŁ19.90 purchase keyed for food and drink

The £19.90 was actually a refund to the hotel and not a purchase. I have deleted the receipt from the hub but now need to show the £19.90 as a credit on the credit card statement but it also needs to be deducted from subsistence and if I just key a credit on the statement it won’t allow for this

TYPO

From the hotel, not to the hotel

You should be able to raise a credit note on the account for the ÂŁ19.90 for subsistence and then from this you can create the bank entry refund into your credit card account.

hope this helps

Thanks, where do I raise the credit note?

I’ve tried to look myself before asking but it’s not jumping out at me

Hi @allybat63,

There are a couple of ways to do this: Managing credit notes

Hopefully this guide will help :slight_smile:

Thanks flower, I’m sure I’ll find it from there

1 Like

If you click the little pencil icon below your post you can edit it. :wink:

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.