Recent Events / Notes - show full name

Recent Events both in the GUI and in the API list the user by First Name only. This means we can not differentiate between users. We lose accountability. It also means we are unable to differentiate between users once they leave.

Scenario 1
A business employs two staff Joe Blogs and Joe Davies. Joe Blogs makes an error invoicing a client for some work and blames it on Joe Davis. The recent events show that just Joe generated the invoice

Scenario 2
A business employs a member of staff called Joe Bloggs. He leaves and is deleted from QF. The same day his replacement starts who is called Joe Davis. Looking at the recent events only Joe was reported as making changes to pricing.

Can this be resolved to include the full name or the full name and user ID so that there is irrefutable accountability? We particularly need this on the API as that is why we noticed. It had gone overlooked before then.

Invoices.System_SearchEvents is the API call

1 Like

Hi @MearTech

I’ve asked our development team to investigate this and see what can be added to make this clearer.

The event log itself is searchable by user, but appreciate this doesn’t help with the quick view or the API.

Thank you for your feedback.

Thanks Mathew, I have Just opened the Event Log browser and had a look.

The Log it’s self has the same issue of only referencing users by their first name. However it has a different problem. You can not search for deleted users.

So in Senario 2 I would not be able to search for the Joe that lat left.

Thanks for the update I didn’t even know you could filter in here. It would nearly help me out of an issue I have at the moment. Just needs to be able to filter a bit more (add text search to search the description :slight_smile: )

Export to Excel would be amazing as well.

Mathew, I am curious, this ticket will auto-close in 4 days. Will I get an update before this close date? I appreciate dev will need more than 4 days.

Hello @MearTech

If we have not heard anything back before the auto close, we will re open the feed for you.

1 Like

I have just seen that Full names are now in the Event Audit so thank you.

I have not checked if this is the case for the API data yet but I will check

Hi @MearTech

You’re one step ahead of us :wink:

Our team are adding this in and the updates to both the recent event log and the API should be live soon. We’ll keep you posted.

haha only as I have issue and looking at logs weekly :slight_smile: