Reconciling invoices

Quickfile has started not to reconcile invoices with payments, which is strange, because I’m not aware of any changes.

Invoice xxx132 was raised on 9th Sept [shown as sent] - payment was made on 25th [shown as invoice xxx133]

Invoice xx134 was raised on 7 Aug [shown as sent] - payment was made on 24 Aug [shown as invoice xx135]

Before

After recording a payment

So Quickfile now shows more invoices than is actually the case.

What is strange is that invoicing to, and payments from, this client has been working perfectly well for several years, so what are they not reconciling ?

Hi @vcator

Nothing has changed here on our side, but I’ll certainly see how we can help.

Were these invoices raised and tagged manually?

Hi
Invoices were raised manually. In the top example Payments tagged automatically. In the bottom example I manually tagged they’d been paid. . . but now I have duplicated invoices :-/

As you can see in the top example, I often create a draft invoice throughout the month, and when appropriate, I then send.

It’s not possible to automatically tag a payment to a specific invoice. You can use tagging rules to tag them to a client account, but unfortunately not to invoices.

What may have been happening however, is the bank tagging rule creates the invoice for you. That’s certainly possible, and would tag the payment at the same time. This would also create a duplicate invoice if you later entered one manually.

Is the remedy to delete one of the duplicate invoices ?

In banking, how can duplicate entries be reconciled ? For example, banking shows an amount of £14.14 paid to Iolo Technologies LLC, the name derived from the supplier dbase, and at the time of entering the purchase, I said it had been paid by the bank account. This one has been automatically tagged.
From the bank feed the name on the reference is from the bank - 2CO.com IOLO. The amount is £14.14, listed as 1 day later. This second entry is not tagged. . . . but clearly the payment to 2CO.com IOLO is for the purchase listed as Iolo Technologies LLC. Under the tag me routine (payment to supplier) Quickfile can’t find a match, which I understand because although the amounts are identical and dates only 1 day different, the reference names are not the same. But I can’t see how to reconcile the two. One option is to create a new invoice, which would lead to a duplication, the other option is to pay down multiple invoices or assign to a supplier account . …which would again cause a duplication. So in the instance where Quickfile has created 2 banking entries, how do I (easily) reconcile the two without creating duplicate entries ?

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.