Recurrent Invoice Generation Time - Request to Change to 00:00

Hi, I’ve read the various posts regarding recurring invoice generation / send times - all are now locked, so I’ve started a new topic.

I would like to propose that recurring invoices are generated overnight, say 00:00-05:00 - I understand that some people don’t like email notifications in the night, however, with the current scheduling there is often a delay; at the start of this month, 01 June 20, it was past midday before our recurring invoices were generated.

• Bank feeds are updated overnight, without the recurring invoices generating before the start of the business day, we often have to re-visit payments/invoices throughout the day to reconcile / see if any clients are overdue/missing payments

• Assuming no other overnight/batch jobs are running and that most users work on GMT, running the job at, say, 0100 should be a shorter process than running the task during the day when there’s heavier load on the servers, improving the load and system speed during the day for all users

• Invoices should/would be ready for the start of the working day

I look forward to hearing your feedback.

Thanks,

Tim

In companies that I have worked for the dead hours were used for system updates and backups. However 08:00 does seem late to start the recurring invoices. It does rather suggest to me that when this was set up somebody felt the need to manually check the close of the previous day’s work.

I wouldn’t expect the batch window to start as early as midnight but certainly no later than 05:00 if it can be done without manual intervention.

Today is case in point - I started work at 0730, it’s now 11:35 and still no invoices generated that are scheduled for today - I can see them in the recurring invoice queue - we have received bank credits ready to reconcile that I’ll now need to come back to later.

Please change this to run at midnight / 0500 / whenever, so that they are completed for the start of the working day - thank-you :slight_smile:

UPDATE: Invoices created today at 12:15…

1 Like

This has just become an issue again this morning as I have a client with one invoice that is VERY overdue and today QF is due to create another recurring invoice for the same client, however the invoice still hasn’t generated and so I need to wait for this before I can send both and chase their solicitor again for payment sometime later today.

@QFMathew is there any way you may consider changing the run time of the recurring invoice batch job please to midnight / earlier than the current time (0800?) please? I appreciate it’s the first of the month today, so it takes a long time to run, but I’m going to have to come back to this later when I was due to be working on something else in the business.

I now have five QF instances set up for four companies and me personally - I love the way it integrates with our multiple bank feeds, sends invoices between each system and that it’s relieved almost all my hard copy paperwork and purchase invoice processing - this year was the first year I didn’t drop off a load of lever-arch files to my accountants - I’d be really grateful if you would please consider the recurring invoicing timing. Thank-you.

Hi @redfox

We can certainly consider changing the time, that’s not an issue.

However, the time was changed to the current setup because of user feedback. If there are more users experiencing this issue, I would like to encourage them to vote at the top of this thread and/or add their comments to this post.

The day starts at 00:00, so that is when automated emails should go out (or should be the earliest time at which the option for sending is). I cannot fathom the logic behind wanting automated emails sent out at 9am if there is no other option. If we have no choice it should be queued at midnight.

Hi @QFMathew - just wondering if there have been any changes to the recurring invoice generation time - or what the current target / queue time is? Thanks in advance -