Recurring Invoices - updated Details

I have set up recurring invoices, but when the contact and address details for the customer change, the new address is being pulled in, but not the new contact name. Is there a reason for that? I can go in to the recurring invoice template and relink it to the customer account and then it does update the correct contact name, so where is it holding on to the old contact :thinking:

All the invoice details are held within the template and there is no reference back to the database when one falls due. There are arguements for and against this bu the main one will be speed, each lookup takes time, trivial for individual invoices but it will add up to a significant delay across the duration of an entire invoice run. Judging by previous posts in this forum most QF clients are more concerned about invoices being delivered at the very start of the working day than about the additional admin step when a client contact changes.

I understand the resource issue, but surely that would be a reason for all recurring invoices to be sent overnight (that would be fine with me).

What is confusing me is that in QuickBooks, NOTHING is pulled in. It seems to operate as you suggest. When customer details change you have to go in and update the invoice (it’s annoying but OK if you know it has to be done), but QF IS pulling in the new address, it is just the contact that doesn’t update. That goes against your answer that there is no reference to the database, otherwise the address should also be wrong

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.