Refreshing Barclays open banking feed with two accounts - Quickfile always tries to allocate the accounts the wrong way round

I have two Barclays accounts (current and deposit) both updated through the same open banking feed. Every time I refresh the feed, Quickfile tries to allocate the current account fed to the deposit account, and vice versa. Obviously I can correct this easily enough, but I worry that one day I’ll forget and end up with feeds going into the wrong accounts, which will take ages to sort out. What I don’t understand is why I should need to do this. Quickfile already has the sort code and account number for each account; the banking feed includes those same account numbers, so why does it not check these and match them up when refreshing the feed?

Hi,
The account number and sort code is only for your own reference.
When setting up the bank feed to your bank you grant access to the account you want to see in your quickfile account. After you have finished the feed setup you assign the accounts in quickfile to the feed and tell the bank account in quickfile which account from the feed to pick. For example, your current account in quickfile should import the current account data from your bank. I can be wrong but for me, it looks like you have mixed up the accounts, you have assigned the current account in quickfile to the deposit account on your bank and the deposit account to the current account? Is that possible?

I don’t think you’ve understood the issue here. My accounts are the right way round. Every time I have to re-validate the feed, I get presented with a dialogue that asks me which account in Quickfile I would like to assign each feed to. That dialogue always pre-fills the feeds the wrong way round, and I have to correct them using the drop-down menus. Not a big issue, but as I said, I worry that one day I’ll forget to do this and the feeds will get allocated to the wrong accounts. As the account numbers are known Quickfile should easily be able to provide a default matching that’s the right way round.

Sorry. So, you mean everything is fine with the over night feed but when you refresh manually they pick up the wrong feed? You are right that’s probably a bug and something for the support team.

I get this always on certain accounts. It arises because not enough information is provided by the bank to tie this up automatically and they rely on you making the correct link. QuickFile probably just links them in listed order. You might wait a very long time for this to become reliably automated.
What I do to make this obvious and quick to fix is include the last 4 digits of the account in the account name on QuickFile i.e. “Business Current Account - 5678” That way it is very clear when you see the link screen.

1 Like