Refund from client

Hi, my client have overpaid me some money by mistake and I issued him a refund via bank statement. I tried to tag this bank transaction with this client as “refund to a customer” but the system gave me such information: " Invoices with items posted to more than one nominal account will not appear here. For such cases a manual credit note will need to be applied.No qualifying sales invoice could be found to refund against. Make sure the corresponding invoice has been logged before you attempt to process this refund. " Following this message I issued an invoice for overpaid amount and credited it straight away hoping I will be able to tag this bank transaction against this credit note but instead of that I keep receiving the same message as above. Could you guide me please what to do to be able to match money refund I made to this client?

Hi @Iwona1

How did you tag the overpayment originally? For example, is it currently held on account?

Hi, the client overpayment is currently visible on its account as payment on account.

Ok - no problem! The easiest way to do this would be to issue a refund from their payments which would in turn create the bank transaction for you. This post may help you: Refund client overpayment

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.