Refund of utility prepayments

Hi,

I am trying to process a refund of monthly payments for electricity usage. I have found the unallocated payments and refunded them to the bank account on the date the refund was received. From what I’ve found on here that should generate an individual line on the bank for each refunded amount but its not doing anything. I have tried changing the method, bank transfer/cash/direct debit. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance

Donna

“Refund balance” should indeed create pre tagged bank transactions on the date you specified - are you sure you refunded the payments to the correct bank account?

Hi Ian,

Yes, there are only 2 and I double checked the default account was the correct one.

I have also tried on a different supplier but the result was the same.
I could see 2 lines on the supplier payment screen. 1 being the prepayment stated as refunded and an additional line showing a refund as at the date I used, but no entry on the bank.
Nor if I go to the actual refund on the bank and attempt to tag it is there any thing available to pick up under the refund from supplier option.

Should the process be instant?

Kind regards

Donna

1 Like

I have similar problem

I would like to make EDF refund but when I create refund to supplier I have error

No qualifying purchases could be found to refund against. Make sure the corresponding purchase has been logged before you attempt to process this refund.

But when I create negative purchase I have error

Unable to credit note a deleted invoice, try restoring the invoice first or disregard.

I have this value in my bank account and I would like to decrease Prepayments

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.