Due to the current ‘unpresidented times’ we are having to refund a large number of customers for services paid for in advance that have now been cancelled. It’s stressful times and I’m sure we are not the only company taking a hit, but any help would be great.
I would like advice if possible on the methods & the best/low cost way to refund.
We took the payments through Stripe and direct bank transfers.
The Stripe is the main issue as we can’t find any info on their complicated system.
We know how to refund, but:
- the money has been paid out to our bank already,
- if we refund how do we get the money back in the stripe acc?
- are we charged again for each refund by stripe?
For bank transfers we can get their bank details and refund, but:
- We presume we refund first through our bank
- wait for it to come through the bank feed on QF and then tag it as a refund to the original invoice?
- or is there another method.
If we are charged by stripe, could we refund the ‘Stripe payments’ via bank transfers instead and then tag in the merchant account? This would help where/how we pay from.