Remove count of untagged items that cannot be tagged

In the top right of all bank account pages it gives a number of tagged items and untagged items. How can i set this to show only the tagged and untagged items for the years that are not locked that can be corrected.

You could first search for a date range by clicking on search in your bank account

and then tick/untick the tagged/untagged tickbox(es) (top right corner) depending on your needs.
Hope this helps

I asked the following question, but did not get a notification that it had been answered, and it has now been locked.

In the top right of all bank account pages it gives a number of tagged items and untagged items. How can i set this to show only the tagged and untagged items for the years that are not locked that can be corrected.

Your answer suggests doing searches of date ranges to remove the out of date untagged items, which involves opening each account just to look and see what is untagged, What i am looking for is a permanent solution to this issue so i do not have to check each account individually to see whether there are new untagged times. What i want to see in the list of the bank accounts is an accurate list of untagged items that i can do something about i.e tag them, A count of untagged items over the last x accounting periods that cannot be changed serves no purpose and just creates extra work. If there is a reason for showing these untagged items that cannot be changed please can you explain what the purpose is.

Many thanks

Hi @kevinm,

There is no way to change what period that you see the count for. The count looks at all untagged transactions. Ideally, all transactions should be tagged so you would only see a count for new transactions

If they can’t be/aren’t tagged then they serve no purpose in Quickfile as far as I am aware so you could just delete them all?

The purpose is clear.

No one should have any untagged items in any locked periods.

They should all be tagged, even if they are not business related.

The idea of counting these is logical since you would need to establish

A) why they were not tagged
B) whether you need to unlock the period and tag them
C) whether the result means you need to amend your accounts / tax returns.

So personally I think the current method of searching date ranges for untagged items is perfectly fine and I wouldn’t want it to exclude locked periods because it may fool the user in to thinking everything is fine, or may encourage the user to not use the software correctly and ultimately under or over Estimate their tax liability.