Remove / Hide client area

Hi there,

I am a newby to QF and I am very happy with what I have seen so far. I do have one issue that despite reading various posts I cannot find a solution to.

As a background, to my mind set and my business, a client is a repeat customer who comes back regularly to order something. The client area is great for that and works spot on. A number of invoices (about 10 per month) generated are directly one off that we do not expect to hear from for a long period of time. They either pay by bacs / cash or electronic payment like stripe or paypal. We are a small printers and print a lot of funeral orders of service that by their nature are hopefully one offs for the sake of the family.
If we create a “client” for each one, then our list of clients is growing constantly and over time will become un manageable.

The simple solution for me is to have a “Client” for the style of payment required i.e stripe or BACS and put all the relevant one off invoices into that client. Unfortunately with testing so far, any email fired off containing a link to an invoice allows people to see all the transactions in the “client” area regardless of having a different email address or not. For BACS and cash, easy enough, just send a pdf. For stripe, not so easy.

I am looking for a solution to handle these one off stripe payments as single invoice and payment. These are after all just one step up from a till receipt and do not need a dedicated client area, just a simple method to send the invoice and receive payment. They are all paid at the time and so account management does not come into it.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Many thanks in advance

Hi @supajiggi

Welcome to QuickFile!

There isn’t a way to disable the client area, unfortunately. The only way would be to remove any email access for the client, but this would also prevent you sending the invoices as an email link, too.

You could set up a Stripe payment option externally (in the Stripe dashboard itself), even a reusable link if your items are consistent. But this wouldn’t automatically tag the transaction for you in QuickFile, which is what I assume you’re looking for, too?

Thank you Matthew for coming back so quickly. First part of the answer is a little bit disappointing but it does set straight some other posts that I have read that have not made this clear. Would like (accepting not knowing how much work is involved behind the scenes) to put forward the “option” to have or not have a client area for any given client that is set up. Based on what I have read this may help a number of people.

Part 2 using a Stripe in particular a stripe link does have some mileage. A pdf invoice can be sent with an external link put in the email itself. At our level it would not be hard to track the payment and using urchin may help too. The majority of our orders are from our website, Ebay and Amazon, it is only the few direct customers that create this problem.

So thank you for your help, will give it a try and see what happens.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.