Rename Estimates

Hi

I’m lookign to rename all menus within customer area and admin area of ‘Estimates’ to 'Proposals’
Can this be done through CSS. We are also using custom trading styles if makes it harder to define ?

Hi @danmills

You can rename an estimate by going to Account Settings >> Invoice Customisation and clicking the title. This will give you the option to change the name of the document:

You can also change it on an individual trading style if you wanted to, by selecting the correct template from the drop down list.

I have however notified our development team of a bug in this area, where the name isn’t pulled through to the client dashboard (where they log in to view them). I’ll let you know when this has been resolved.

Hi Support,
Ive carried out the changes and the areas its not showing is client dashboard. Also any CSS changes with client dashboard that has a trading style are not applied?

What CSS would we use to change it within the admin dashboard ?

The boxes you’ve highlighted it on the ‘admin’ side of things (e.g. areas not available to the client). These labels won’t update, only material for the client will (e.g. invoices, estimates, and any labels in the client control panel).

Are these applied to the main trading style? I’ll double check this with a colleague and come back to you.

There isn’t a way to change them on the admin dashboard I’m afraid. But as I mentioned above, these aren’t visible to the client, only team members.

No they are applied to a trading style and any css chnages do not work

If I’m correct, you’re trying to hide all the messaging options? The below code should do it:

.vMenuColumnCl table tbody tr:nth-child(7) {
    display: none;
}

.trDb_SendMessage {
display: none;
}

.tblMailAlert, #hypaccountEmail, #hypQueryLink {
  display:none;
}

Let me know if that works for you?

I believe the name of the left menu changed some time ago.

It doesnt work when a custom trading style is applied to a client, that is the problem

I’ve passed this to our development mean to take a closer look. I’ll let you know when I hear anything about this.