Report listing entries for a range of nominal codes

Advice please on how to create a report detailing all transactions posted to one or more specified nominal codes within a specific time frame e.g. I want to list all transactions relating to Staff Welfare in te period 01/01/2023 to date?

Hello @davidmonks

The support guide for custom reports can be found at the link below

https://support.quickfile.co.uk/t/build-a-custom-report/8863

Steve, thanks for the reply but I’ve looked at the Custom Reports option and this seems to only generate summary level information e.g. if I enter a specific nominal code or a range of codes (say Overheads) I get a summarised view not individual transactions to enable me to determine what has gone to make up the total - or am I missing something?

Hello @davidmonks

You can either drill into the code you require in the Chart of accounts and export data

Or

Go into the Chart of accounts > Export Data

• Choose the Detailed report
  • Group by code
  • Select the area of interest

Steve, I’m not being intentionally thick here but following your suggestion about starting with the Chart of Accounts, selecting one or more nominal codes (I’ve selected one) and then export the selected data I get a CSV file which lists the purchases with payment references e.g. Purchase Invoice: Items for purchase #QF05428. However this then requires to drill through each line to reveal the underlying details of the specific purchase reference. What I’m hoping to achieve is an export format which lists the details of each purchase in a CSV or similar giving the details as shown in the view to enable me to do some analysis across codes and periods. Is this possible? David

Hello @davidmonks

Ah ok, I can see what you mean now.

The best way to do this is from a backup file.

The backup gives csv exports of all the ledgers.

Here’s an example from some test data

I would do it from my reports, select profit and loss select the code and the dates, then use the search button at the side of the code to drill down.

Sorry David my reply is similar to Steve’s and of no use to you.

Thanks Steve - this is EXACTLY what I needed.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.