Report to determine error in opening balance

Hi,
We forgot to lock quickfile at the date of the prior accounts (31 August 2016). Now we have come to prepare the next years account (1 Sept 2016 - 31 August 2017) there is a slight difference in the opening balance. Is there a report I can run which determines the date entries were made in the year until 31 August 2016, so I can determine which entries were made after the accounts were prepared and therefore need to be adjusted?
Thanks

Hi @Letitia

Although this data is available within your account, there isn’t a report to list the created date for a bank transaction, only the transaction date. For example (image taken from another thread):

So they are available on individual transactions, but not as a list (which is what I believe you’re asking?)

Is it just the case that the bank balance is different at some point, but you’re unsure where?

No the bank balance is fine. There are some small difference in the P&L and on the balance sheet. Since the last set of accounts have been produced it looks like the client has found some old receipts or coded something to the incorrect period. I want to determine what has been added to the prior year since the date, the last set of accounts were produced so I can remove these items and add to the next year if required. Is there a report I can run to assist with this?
Thanks

The only report that would tell you what’s been added in terms of invoices, is the event log. This tracks the invoice creation, which can be found in Account Settings >> All Settings >> Event Log. This can be narrowed down to just invoices and date ranges.

It’s recommended to run the year end tool or at least put a lock on the accounts to prevent data being in added in a closed off period.

Is this possible to do if the client is admin? (which is necessary if they send out their own invoices, otherwise we receive responses from their clients!)
Thanks

It’s ok - I’ve managed to make myself admin.
The event log doesn’t really help though. It just tells you when invoices were logged, not which period they were for.
It’s a shame there isn’t any functionality for this. If you forget to put the lock on, you potentially could have a huge mess to deal with, with the software being unable to help.
Are you planning any changes to this?
Thanks
Letitia

Sorry, perhaps I’m not understanding the situation. I just want to confirm - you’re trying to find out, what invoices have been created on the account between two dates - is that correct? If so, then the event log shows this.

You’re correct that it doesn’t show what period they are for, but that’s shown on the invoice screen itself - unfortunately we’re not able to record all the details in the event log.

There are no plans to change this at the moment, but you’re more than welcome to create a thread in the Feature Request category to propose this change. Many of our features are added as a result of user feedback.

No, not quite. The accounting year end was 31/8/16. The accounts were produced on 9/11/16. I forgot to lock the period of accounts. When I have come to prepare the accounts for the year to 31/8/17 I can see some differences on the opening balance. Some transactions must have been coded to the year to 31/8/16 after 9/11/16. I am looking to run a report of all transactions posted in the year to 31/8/16 after 9/11/16, and then I would have my answer. (I had to trawl through lots of purchase invoices to find this.) I will add a comment to the feature section.
Thanks

I’ve just seen your post in the features category - thanks! We’ll keep an eye on this for interest.

Regarding your issue as it stands, let me send you a private message and see if I can help narrow this down for you.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.