Retagging DLA entry to invoices - no matches?

Hi,
I untagged these two entries in my DLA to correct payment data (they were both generated from the receipt hub). When I try to retag them to the purchase receipts QF00009 and QF00010, from my DLA screen, the drop down says there is no match?

Please advise, thank you.

Hi @wave

Are the payments the exact value of the invoices, or were they payments to multiple invoices, or even part payments?

Whatā€™s the date on the purchase youā€™re trying to tag it to?

Hi @QFMathew

The are the exact values.

I just started with QF and uploaded my ā€˜expensesā€™ receipts, opened each one and linked them to the DLA (with quite a few errors and inconsistencies). Corrections to the nominal accounts for example, could be corrected easily in the Purchases view, but when I had put the wrong payment details in, I could only see how I could correct these by untagging (from the DLA view).
That data is locked, ie here is one from another of my purchasesā€¦

Image Removed

Iā€™m trying to retag them after corrections have been made to the payment details.

@QFMathew
Sorry, you wanted dates as well (no part payments)

Images Removed

@QFMathew
In connection with the above, I wonder if Iā€™m showing my DLA entries as ā€˜paidā€™ incorrectly?
For each expenses receipt that represents out of pocket expenditure Iā€™ve logged the paid date as the receipt date, since itā€™s already been paid by the Director (me). The DLA then owes that sum to the Director.
Each expenses purchase therefore shows as being a negative entry in the DLA, which shows how much the company owes the Director.
I think this is in line with the guidance but Iā€™m not sure??
In contrast, where receipts show Business Credit Card transactions, I have left these unpaid (intending to bulk tag them to the Credit Card Balance Payment once a month).
Should I be doing the same with the DLA receipts?
Sorry, lots of questions!

Hi @wave

This does sound correct, and would explain the tagging process above (not being able to find the invoices as theyā€™ve been paid). If the DLA is showing as a negative balance (therefore, the business owes you) you just tag the transaction as a transfer to the DLA to rebalance it.

@QFMathew
I tagged each one and that turned them into positives, which I suspect insnā€™t what you meant, so I deleted both from the DLA screen, then went back to the receipt hub and opened one of them which still showed the paid status (from DLA). Looking back at DLA, they have both reappeared (as owed to me) like the other ones, and show tagged again. Sorted but slightly confused but Iā€™m sure it will become clear as I get to know how QF works better.
Onward and upward :slight_smile:

1 Like

Glad to hear you managed to get this sorted!

Just to give you a quick outline of a way to process these - hopefully itā€™ll help going forward:

• Create the purchase invoice as normal

• If a director has paid for it out of their pocket, tag it as paid from the DLA. The invoice is now ā€œPaidā€ and the DLA now has a reduced balance. If the invoice was for Ā£20 for example and you had a balance of Ā£0 in the DLA, after tagging it would be reduced to -Ā£20.

• When the director takes the money back out of the business, you can simply tag the transaction as a transfer to the DLA. If itā€™s for Ā£20, this puts the balance of the DLA back to Ā£0.00.

Marvellous, thank you, I think Iā€™m getting thereā€¦

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.