Run Bank balance

Hi all

I’m having a repeat or variant of a problem I’ve encountered before with the running bank balance. This time I traced a difference between the account and the real world balance to a missing transaction from Aug 2019 (I know !), however entering the transaction has not updated the running balance.

Can somebody wonderful assist with this?
Many thanks.

Hi @Antalach

Sorry to hear you’re having some issues with the bank balance.

Do you have an opening balance set on this account?

Hi Mathew

I do indeed, I’m backing up and importing the bank account into a spreadsheet to confirm that

my assessment of the problem is correct, I’m pretty sure it is.

Double-check your opening balance. Usually when there’s an issue with the running balance on an account, more often than not, it comes down to the opening balance not being before transactions on the account.

For example, if your opening balance is dated 01/01/2021, make sure there are no transactions prior to this date.

False alarm !!! Initially, my balance was out due to a missing transaction. In correcting this I reversed it by mistake, normally a card processing charge was in fact a rare refund !!!

So not a problem with the running balance at all, operator error, nothing to see here.

Thanks, Mathew

1 Like

Hi @Antalach

Glad you’ve solved it :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.