Sales by item

Hi,
Is it possible to produce a report of sales by item, and better still, profitability by item if I allocate purchases by category?
Thanks,
David

Hi @dgee

There isn’t a monetary report, but if you’ve used the inventory items you can get a report to show how many have been used in a time period. Would this be any use to you?

There are other ways to calculate even the profitability, but this would be done on an invoice-by-invoice basis using the project tags. If you want more information on this, please let me know and I’ll dig up some links for you.

Hi,
Thanks for getting back to me. Inventory item count won’t work for what I want to do, but I have been looking at creating ‘categories’ for sales and purchases. If I allocate a category to each sale and purchase, then I can at least run a report that gives me sales and costs by category. Not elegant, and would be long-winded if I had lots of categories (I only have two) but it gets me the information I need!
Thanks again,
David

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.