Sales Inventory Report

I’m trying to get a report of the things we have sold by line item. (Sales Inventory Item)

We sell a load of similar items which should all fall within the general sales nominal code. These are guides, but used for different industries. In the Inventory I have them listed so that they bring up the correct price.

I can’t use the Tag system to specify them as they are on the same invoice, but I can’t find a way to get a report of how many of each we have sold and the total amount associated with that. Why not?

I don’t want to set up individual nominal codes for each as there are in excess of 50 of them.

Is there a way of getting this or a third party addon that can do it?

It seems like a fairly basic requirement to me (i.e. an easy way to work out how many of each thing we sell and the associated value)

I hope someone can help

1 Like

Hi @paul_gibbons

I’ve found an old topic that might be of use in your scenario: Show the number of stock items sold

I hope that helps, but if you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to get back in touch.

Really need to be able to run a report of the line items including amounts, as these change, as well as the invoice dates. Being able to run a report of the items you have sold feel like it should be a fairly obvious task. Given that this information is recorded in the database, surely it should be easy to set up a simple “sales by inventory item” report and add it to the list of standard reports. I can’t be the only person wanting this (and aren’t given some of the earlier requests.)

1 Like

Hi @paul_gibbons

Unfortunately, the report you’re looking for doesn’t exist within QuickFile, and I’m not sure if it’s one that could be added.

The sales inventory in QuickFile is more of a way to streamline invoice creation and acts more of a templating tool than an actual inventory, so the link between a sales inventory item and a sales invoice is loose.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.