Sales invoices going to junk

It looks like there was a problem reaching your SMTP service
Error Message The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: 5.7.0 Authentication Required. For more information, go to
More Details –

Tried everything. inc deleting and starting again but no luck,
Clients are not getting their mail,

Hello @Oneillms1

Is it Gmail or Google Workspace?
Do you have 2 factor authentication on your email account?

Hi there its Gmail
I have but i turned it off and tried. no joy so i turned it back on again

Thanks

Hello @Oneillms1

We have a number of customers using Gmail using port 25 or 567 successfully.

If 2 factor authentication is turned on you will need an app password.

Hi 2 factor authentication on what google or quickfile? how do i go about this?

\Now when i click on the SMTP this message appears
An activation code has been sent to you using your SMTP mail server settings.
Please enter the code here to activate your settings. [[Change Settings]]

now i cant see a code anywhere

It would be on Google.

But if you’re seeing the activation code message, it means we were able to successfully connect and attempt sending an email. This would be sent to the email address you specified (not the one you’re sending from).

Hi there i didn’t receive any code. So i restarted the process again .
But same message appears

It looks like there was a problem reaching your SMTP service
Error Message The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: 5.7.0 Authentication Required. For more information, go to

Hi all. seriously need help. I have tried everything here and no luck
100% of our invoices go via email but most or none of our clients are receiving their invoices or goes into spam.

This is the message i receive when i try to set up a new SMTP .

account settings> SMTP Settings and so on

The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: 5.7.0 Authentication Required. For more information, go to
More Details –

With 2 factor auth enabled for your Google account you can generate random “app passwords” for tools like QuickFile that only support signing in with a username and password, not the special OAuth based “sign in with Google” flow.

Hi there. I am not getting the codes sent out from Quickfile servers? as when requested.
this could be the problem as my google account settings is all fine

The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first. For more information, go to

I am having the same issue and the reason the emails are getting blocked is because the receiving organisation’s email is treating the link to the customer portal as a phishing attempt.

I could prove this by resending the email manually and just removing the link. When trying to remove it from the invoice template I get an error

We could not find the token @DirectInvoiceLink@ or @DirectInvoiceURL@ . Without this token your client will have no link to the document you are sending.

So emails will continue to be quarantined by the receiving Org until this can be amended.

TBH I would prefer to just default sending a PDF rather than having to tick the box as the Client never uses the portal anyway.

Kev

Hello @Kevio

TBH I would prefer to just default sending a PDF rather than having to tick the box as the Client never uses the portal anyway.

This may help

https://support.quickfile.co.uk/t/why-cant-i-send-an-invoice-as-a-pdf/8900

I think you missed the point i was trying to make. I need to be able to send the email without the @DirectInvoiceLink@ or @DirectInvoiceURL@** in it

Hi @Kevio

You can still send the emails without the link, it’s just a warning. If you’re attaching a PDF, you can safely ignore the warning as they are still receiving a copy of the invoice. The link is just to view the invoice/estimate in the client portal.

It wont let me save the template without those links

I’m not able to replicate this. I’ll start a private message with you shortly so we can get some screenshots and details etc.

You should see a green notification in the top right corner shortly.

I clicked save again and we are all good. Thanks

Hi there i had the email problem sorted but after 5 days i receive this message

Your SMTP settings are deactivated as there were three consecutive errors . Please correct the settings again and reactivate