Scanned Receipts extracting details

My previous package had an app where you took a photo of the receipt (or emailed it in) and the systems then interrogated the receipt for the underlying data, eg supplier, amount, currency etc; you then “approved” the receipt and it was posted

I know I can email in receipts (and I think there is a QF app to help with this) but am I correct in thinking that I have to enter all the details manually and there is no automatic data extraction?

Thanks

Hi @Vistaro

There is an optional feature which is in testing. If you have a Power User Subscription you can enrol on the test.

There are more details here: Machine Learning for Receipts

Sounds ideal, will this also work with the phone app?

Just an add on, I presume power user costs money (Which is fine) but do I need one power user sub per company?

The power user subscription is per QuickFile account so if you have multiple accounts that you’d like to trial this feature on then you would need the subscription on each one

Hi @Vistaro

In reply to your query regarding the mobile app - this isn’t available through the app at present. It’s currently only available through the receipt hub on the web app.

However, when this feature’s testing has concluded, we can certainly look at extending the availability and support for this.

Is there any active development in this area as it still doesn’t correctly populate anything on a PDF, and most of my invoices and receipts are PDF’s.

Hi @Lurch

There’s no development at the moment, but your feedback is appreciated.

1 Like

If there is no development on this does that mean the functionality to extract text from the receipts is not working?

It does seem to work to some extent on smaller receipts scanned as images. Whether this is because they are jpegs though or because they are smaller I don’t know.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.