Scheduling future invoices

I would love the ability to schedule invoices to be raised in advance. Recurring invoices only work if it’s an exact copy; I would love to be able to simply create an invoice today (1 March) with different words and different amounts that will automatically be emailed to the client on 1 April, and again a different one on 1 May, etc.

Yes, I also have a need for this where I could start an invoice and add to it during the month, knowing that it will be sent on a specific date automatically at the end of the month. Setting up a recurring invoice for one invoice isn’t efficient for this purpose.

2 Likes

How else would you do it? Isn’t a scheduled invoice exactly the same as a recurring invoice but just not repeated?

Be good if there was a ‘send on date’ added to invoice creation, so you either select send now or send on and select a later date on which the invoice would be sent.

1 Like

Yes, this, exactly, thanks for articulating it, sean1.

There is an app in the app marketplace called autosend. Would that work?

Surely a recurring invoice with the date you want it sent, Frequency - anything will do, and Occurrences 1 will do just this. It has the advanatge that, once it has been sent, the template will still be there to edit for next time you want to use it.