Search Function Missing Results

When I add a purchase invoice, I use our purchase order number (eg. po3552) in the description field on the invoice.

Now here lies the problem:
When I’m searching for all purchase invoices for a given purchase order number, I enter the purchase order number in the description field on the search. However, this is not returning all matching results for a given purchase order number.

Is there some kind of lag between a purchase invoice being inputted and the fields being indexed for searching?

Thanks
Grant

Hi @LC_Hydraulics

How quickly after entry are you doing the search? I believe there is a delay and I will double check with the dev team to how long this is

Hi Beth,

It must have been at least 2 hours ago. It’s still not showing now - same goes for when searching via the QF API.

Although oddly, if I use the quick search feature in the top left, it shows all the results.

Thanks,
Grant

Hi @LC_Hydraulics

I believe the index is rebuilt at least once a day - I have just refreshed this for you now so it should appear. If it is still not showing in the search then it may be something else stopping it

Thanks Beth,

Surely if the records are there, the search should return the results immediately (just like the quick search function) otherwise the search function is not really much use at all and cannot be relied upon for accuracy.

This is particularly troublesome from the point of view of the API, where I am trying to ensure data integrity between a custom app I use for managing purchase orders and purchase invoice values on QuickFile. Seems a bit wrong that I could potentially have to wait a day for indexing before I can be sure the responses from the API are actually correct.

Please can you look into this and see if there is some sort of solution?

Many thanks,
Grant

Also, I’ve just tried to search again, this still isn’t showing all results.

You’re welcome to have a look at my account and try if you’d like.

The description I’m searching for is po3881, there should be 2 x invoices in the results (QF03152 and QF03183), however only QF03152 is showing.

Both invoices show up in the quick search results.

Kind regards,
Grant

Hi @LC_Hydraulics

Thanks for the details. I’m discussing this with our development team and will come back to you shortly.

Thanks for your consideration Mathew. Looking forward to hearing from you. :slight_smile:

Kind regards,
Grant

1 Like

Hi @QFMathew,

Did you manage to discuss this with the dev team?

Thanks,
Grant

Hi @LC_Hydraulics

It’s still with our development team. I do believe they identified an issue, which should be resolved in the next few days.

We’ll let you know the outcome though.

1 Like

Hi @LC_Hydraulics

This should be resolved for you now. Please let us know if you’re still having problems

1 Like

Hi @QFBeth,

I added a purchase invoice (QF03303) a couple of hours ago, the search function through the UI seems to be working now.
However, the API response is not returning the record.
I’m searching for a description of po4024, it should return QF03303.

Can you have a look at this for me?

Thanks,
Grant

Hi @QFBeth / @QFMathew

Did you get my last message?

Many thanks,
Grant

Hi @LC_Hydraulics

Apologies, yes we received your message and asked one of the dev team to take a look. I will give them a message to see whether they found anything

1 Like

Hi @LC_Hydraulics

The Dev team have made some adjustments and are testing them this morning. The update should go live later today which will resolve the issues you’ve been having with the search

1 Like

Thanks for your help @QFBeth :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @QFBeth,

Did the update go live? The API still isn’t returning the expected results…

Thanks,
Grant

Hi Grant,

I believe it should have been released with the latest update. I will double check with the dev team for you and get back to you

1 Like

Hi @QFBeth,

This problem still hasn’t been resolved. I have to wait around 24 hours for newly entered purchase invoices to be picked up by the API, so in the meantime the API is not returning the expected/correct results.

Please can you have a look into this for me?

Many thanks,
Grant

P.S. I’m entering invoices via the receipt hub.