Search not returning expected results

Hi

This is partially in reference to issues raised in

Is the new search algorithm fully implemented? I am still struggling to receive the results I expect when searching for things. For example, if I look at sales and perform an advanced search, if I enter ‘annual’ in the description field then it returns invoices where the line item begins ‘annual’. However, if I enter ‘support’ in the description field it will not return items that begin ‘annual support’, only those that begin ‘support’. Is this expected behaviour?

Oddly, if I enter ‘agreement’ in the description box then it returns results from 2019 with ‘support agreement’ in the middle of the line item text but not those with ‘annual support agreement’ at the start.

Thanks

Hi @sramdeen

Yes, the new search method has been in place for some time. My colleague actually replied in your linked thread in regards to the workings on this: Search purchases with partial words

However, I’ve just tested this on an account I have access to, and this does work, even when the word isn’t at the start of the description. Can I just check, in the invoices you would expect to return as results, is “annual support” specifically showing in the “description” column?

Wasn’t there also another related bug where searching edited descriptions didn’t work?

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.