Segmented P&L reporting periods

Hi

Apologies if this has been covered already but I couldn’t find it!

I have a power user subscription and so I have access to the segmented profit and loss account. I have a couple of sets of accounts that I keep both with a power user sub. One has year-end 31st December and the other 31st March.

However, both show a segmented P&L for 1st April to 31st March. For the second company that is fine but for the first company (TE 31st December) it is all but useless.

Is there a way to force the segmented P&L to adopted the financial year rather UK tax year?

Thank you.

Kind regards
Michael

Hi @3Unique

On the segmented P&L report you should see the option to change the reporting period at the top, like this -

The “Year end date” option will use the date set up in your account settings. As long as this is set correctly, the report should follow these dates.

If you notice anything unusual, however, just let us know and we can take some account details and take a look for you.

Hi Mathew

Thank you for coming back tome so quickly.

TBH that is what I thought would be the case but:

• I have the year end date set as 31/12/204:

• But the segmented report is showing the period as mentioned in my question 1/4/23 to 31/3/24:

Any thoughts on this?

Kind regards

Michael Broom Smith
e: michael@broomsmith.com
m: +33 (0)6 11 98 39 29
m: +44 (0)7770 677506

Hi Michael

With the “months” option, it uses 12 months up to the current month, as you can see in your screenshot. There isn’t a way to change this unfortunately.

Using “year end” in the dropdown list will show you an annual overview based on your year end.

Oh gosh that is a shame. But one cannot have everything!

I will put in a feature request as for me being able to look at 12 months to year end or 12 months to end of the current month would be useful though the former is more important to me.

Thank you,.

Regards

Michael

I see that there is a feature request already for this from July 2019, with no votes (I can’t vote as I am out of votes, not sure what this is but anywy), so I am assuming that this is not likely to get implemented? Is that correct?

I will just have to export as CSV and manipulate which is a shame.

Regards
Michael.

We regularly monitor feature requests to gauge interest, so never say never! Many of our features were born from requests on the forum.

Understood but it sounds unlikely! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.