Selling Club Kit

Our Club is in the process of considering how to collect payments from selling club kit.
Currently, we have PayPal links on our website for each item and have found that PayPal’s charges are tiered rather than just a percentage. Whereas GoCardless offers a straight 1%.
Can QF provide a means of generating an invoice link for each item so that we can collect one-off payments via GoCardless?
We already use GoCardless for our Subscriptions.

Hi @gjwguk

I just wanted to clarify the fees for you (correct at time of posting):

PayPal’s fees, as standard are 20p + 3.4%
GoCardless is 1% (min. 20p, max. £2)

To answer your question, here:

In short - yes, it’s possible, but not as a “one link fits all”. Through the API for example, you would need to generate the invoice and then you could grab a payment page link which would work and look exactly like the “Pay Online” option within your account.

I believe GoCardless does allow you to generate links to do this however. I’ll check now and update my post shortly.

[Edit]
Yes, GoCardless does offer this option. However, it would mean that there’s no invoice generated on QuickFile, but this would be the same as using PayPal. You would just need to create invoices manually at a later date, or bulk input the sales - the same as you would with a physical shop for example.

Log into GoCardless, and go to GoCardless. In the top right hand corner, you will find a “Paylinks” option:

Taken from the GoCardless website:

Paylinks let you take the same one-off payment from lots of different people. They’re great if you’re collecting donations, or have packages at different prices. You can share them on your website or in emails.

I hope that helps!

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.