Sending invoices to multiple clients

I need to send an annual subscription invoice to about 200 clients all of whom have a client entry already. Can this be done?

Or rather, what is the best way of doing this?

Legally one invoice to one client only , you need mail shot option like mail chip etc to remind clients for annual subs payments

Thanks. We use Mailerlite to send newsletters etc to members who have all indicated GDPR acceptance on becoming members. I was really wondering if I can generate individual invoices in Quickfile to each client, perhaps from a single template/CSV file. My default would be to open each previous invoice and copy it with the new dates and amount.

Hi @Upozi1

There’s two ways to approach this.

1. Set up recurring invoice templates. This would generate the invoices, send them, and even request payment via direct debit automatically. There’s more info on this, here: Setting up a recurring invoice. Using variables, you can also update the dates automatically, too.

2. The other way would be to do as you suggest, import a CSV into QuickFile, which will create all the invoices for you based on the data you upload. There’s more info on this here: Importing sales and purchase invoices

Thank you for this
Using a recurring invoice template would save time year on year but from what I understand would have to be done client by client so rather time consuming.
Your second option seems much better. Two queries: 1. I note that the client name has to be very exactly the same as the established client or it sets up a new client. 2. When trying to import 150 invoices from a CSV file I am told that only 250 items can be imported. Is an item in this case a cell in the spreadsheet? The instructions said up to 250 invoices. Thanks.

That’s correct.

The 250 limit is 250 rows. If you have more than this, you can simply split it up into multiple CSV files and import them as different files.

That would be equal to 250 invoices (unless you’re using multi-line, which I believe would be restricted to 250 rows).

Thanks.
No. Each invoice is a line. And there’s less than 200 of them.
I’m in the process of breaking up the spreadsheet and importing them again so I may be able to determine the maximum I cam upload.
I thought I might have some stray text in the spreadsheet but I tried highlighting and deleting a lot of the empty cells and it did no good.
Puzzling but I will do it in bits to work round it.

If you want to be 100% sure you don’t have stray blank lines at the end then your best bet is to open the exported CSV file in a plain text editor and check it there - if there are trailing blank lines you can delete them in the text editor and re-save the CSV. Or if you’re not confident to do that then you could try selecting and copying only the cells that you do want out of your current spreadsheet, and paste those into a brand new empty workbook, then save that as CSV - copying the data you do want is probably more reliable than trying to delete the data you don’t want.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.