Sending Invoices

I am trying to send an invoice by email,but it is asking for tokens etc?Surely it should be simple to email an invoice without so many @ @

This is so complicated it’s crazy.

It’s really not complicated. These tokens are dynamically replaced when you send the invoice. For example you may be emailing an invoice to John and Alice. The email template will appear as follows:

Dear @FirstName@

Then when it’s sent that gets replaced with ‘John’ and ‘Alice’ for each respective email. If you want you can delete these tokens, but you should include the following token as a minimum.

@DirectInvoiceLink@

This one gets replaced with a link to the invoice so the client can view it. If you remove this then there’s no link so the system warns before sending.

If you want to change your default template you can do so in Account Settings >> Routine Emails. You can even revert it back to the default.

One thing I would say is that I get so many random invoice scam emails that if I receive an unexpected email that just says an impersonal “Dear sir, please find attached your invoice” and nothing else my first reaction is to assume it is spam and delete it without reading. A properly personalised email with my name, and a date and amount that is recognisably something I know I’ve bought is much more likely to pass the first stage mental filter and get read in detail.

1 Like

We customise the message title as well as the body to be more meaningful and also omit the word “invoice” from the title. We still get the occasional invoice go AWOL but not too many. One advantage of QF is that we can see if the invoice has been opened. I try to check on new clients and follow up if they haven’t opened an invoice after a reasonable period. Our only recent problem wasn’t down to spam filters but a client changing their email address without telling us.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.