Services provided in EU to UK client

Hello,

If my company normally provides services to a UK client in the UK, but on occasion provides services in the EU (By sending an employee to an EU country to provide the services there), how are those services provided for VAT purposes?
Does everything get charged as UK VAT, based on the client and service provider being both UK based, or does the place of supply mean the services provided in the EU get treated differently?

Hi @msconsulting

I appreciate this post hasn’t had any responses up until now, but I didn’t want to leave your query unanswered.

While we are unable to help on this occasion with this, you may find the following 2 links helpful. These tend to be more for the accounting specific queries, so it’s likely you’ll get a better response there:

Hi @msconsulting,

I would say that if they are a UK business then you need to charge VAT. Although without knowing the full details it is difficult to provide full advice.

If you want to have a chat so we can fully work it out, please feel free to email me on Chris@sqkaccountancy.co.uk.

Kind regards,
Chris