Set up a direct debit using a paper mandate

After a couple of days dealing with GoCardless they have now referred me back to you. I would like a new direct debit form to print off and get signed by two signatories as we are a charity. The current direct debit form has the wrong name on it.
Would be great if there was a phone number !!!

Hi @chriswd

You would send an email for the GoCardless direct debit mandate as per usual from within QuickFile, or ask your client to visit the link that we generate. This pre-populates the GoCardless form with the data that you have recorded for them. However, this isn’t fixed and can be updated there and then.

At the bottom of the form, there is a tickbox:

More than one person is required to authorise Direct Debits

Ticking this provides further information:

If more than one person is required to authorise Direct Debits on this account, we will need all signatories to sign a paper version of the Direct Debit mandate. We’ll give you instructions on how to do this after you complete this form.

The other option is to use a template provided from the GoCardless website, here:

However, there are some rules around how this should look. GoCardless have further information on this as part of their guide:

Regarding the phone number, GoCardless offers telephone support, but we don’t. There are a few reasons for this, for example, it’s much easier to share the above links and information with you in writing than it is over the phone. To add to this, anyone else with the same issue can now also see the same information (for example, like in the case of this post - which you may also find useful).

Ultimately, the Direct Debits aren’t controlled by QuickFile - it’s GoCardless who does this. I’m unsure as to why they referred you to us in this instance, but we will try to assist as much as we can.

I hope this helps.

I don’t see how the DD form is alterable as it now says DD set up and does not have the option to edit. So can you please re-set it and I will start again.

If it’s been set up, this would be on GoCardless’ side. QuickFile holds just a reference number that refers to the mandate that GoCardless has in place.

You can remove it from the client if you wish by viewing the client, clicking the Direct Debit box:

And then clicking “Cancel Mandate”:

I will need to double check if this cancels it on the GoCardless side of things too. However if you want to be 100% sure it’s cancelled, I would do it from your GoCardless dashboard for the time being.

GoCardless told me to contact you Thanks for getting in touch with GoCardless.

"I’m afraid that you’ll need to sign up again with the correct name. Please get in touch with the organisation you are trying to pay so that they can send you a new link to sign up again."
The Direct Debit is for us as the Affinity Account holders to pay you.

Please accept my apologies - I didn’t realise this was for an Affinity account. I’ve recategorised your post and amended the title.

I’ll send you a private message to get a few account details from you. Please look for a green notification in the top right corner shortly.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.