Setting Client Credit Limits

Is it possible to add a credit amount against a clients account?

The main thing I would want to achieve with this would be something like, if someone tried to raise an invoice for £100, but their credit limit is £1,000 and currently have £950 outstanding, ask the user to confirm (rather than restrict them from doing it at all).

Hopefully that makes sense!

3 Likes

Is this sort of like a “credit limit” you want to setup for your clients? I guess it’s possible, should the warning appear when attempting to send, rather than create? That way you can create draft invoices but a warning would appear just before sending.

1 Like

Spot on. I think that would be the best way to achieve this too, rather than when saving the invoice.

1 Like

OK I don’t think it would be a huge task to implement something like this, leave it with me.

Unfortunately I can’t provide any fixed time-frames, we’ve got quite a lot on at the moment.

3 Likes

Can I +1 on this pelase, this would be super helpful for us! :smiley:

2 Likes

As long as it was be a warning that I could override a definite +1

We would want the ability to set the value to zero for customers who we only wanted to deal with on a cash with order basis.

We don’t normally leave invoices sitting in draft status so a warning on preview or send would be fine for us.

2 Likes

Any idea if this feature will be implemented with the advanced features subscription ?

We’ve not started looking at this just yet but it will likely be something we’d add to the advanced user feature-set.

Unfortunately I don’t have any update at the moment, we are doing some back-end rebuilding for the next month so we’re not likely to take any bigger jobs on until that work is complete.

4 Likes

Just a quick update to let you know that this has been implemented.

There’s more information this here:
http://community.quickfile.co.uk/t/introducing-client-credit-limits/13618

1 Like