Sharing Quickfile Accounts in a read only format?

I am carrying out work for a client using Quickfile.

At the end of the financial year (28th February) the accounts are handed over to an accountant. In my mind, it is simpler to hand over Quickfile intact, but I don’t want to let the accountant mess with the numbers in my Quickfile. (They have their own app for that). So, is there a way to give access to my Quickfile account without revealing my password? or is it easier to hand over a backup file and instruct them to create their own Quickfile account and import my backup?

Your help would be very much appreciated.

Hi,
You can create an login for your accountant. Hoover over Account settings and click on Team management. But keep in mind to use an email address which is not used elsewhere on quickfile. The down side: Read only is not available at the moment. But here is a feature request where you can add your vote:

Your accountant could also use quickfile affinity to access your account.

https://support.quickfile.co.uk/t/quickfile-affinity-overview/8828

If you want to give an backup to your accountant so he/she opens her own account and uploads your data (backup), your accountant will very likely run over the threshold for a free account and will have to pay the £60 plus VAT. Also, your backup doesn’t include the uploaded receipts. If your accountant does need that then you have to backup that separately.

Hope this helps

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.