Showing Credit Note allocations on remittance advice notes

Continuing the discussion from Print supplier payment - remittance advice:

Hi Glenn, firsty, I’m so pleased to see we have some simpler way of informing suppliers of payments we are making to them. Thanks very much.

I think the only thing left to look at now is showing suppliers that we have taken credit notes from their invoices. I believe this is essential, since QF doesn’t allow us to simply ‘pay’ a credit note as a minus figure, instead, we have to allocate the credit note to an existing invoice, or we have to receive a refund.

Our suppliers are the same ones we have dealt with for 27 years, and they never issue refunds, since we are always doing ongoing business… so that’s not an option for me.

Therefore, as mentioned, I must allocate a credit note to an existing invoice, but then I have to manually write down what I’ve allocated and manually type this to the supplier. Sometimes this takes a lot of time, since we can have up to 10 credit notes per supplier per month.

If I don’t notify them manually, this is the type of email they send (as received this morning! lol!):

Hi Gino
Thank you for your payment.
The value of the invoices listed on the attached remittance are £4335.07.
The payment we received was £4239.47.
Could you please advise which credit notes you are including to the value of £95.60.
Thanks
Karen.

So, would it be possible at least for the remittance report to include any credit notes that have been redeemed for that payment? -even if they had to appear at the bottom of the report to make everything balance?

Thanks again

This is the remittance advice email as it stands:

Dear @FirstName@

I hereby confirm that the sum of @PaymentAmount@ has been paid by @PaymentMethod@ and the funds will be with you shortly.

If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

@EmailSignature@

Are you looking to get some additional narrative above the email signature to the effect of?

£100 allocated to invoice #####
£150 allocated to invoice ####
etc…

I think I haven;t explained very well. I’m looking at the Purchase Payment View PDF that can now be printed.
It shows all the invoices that have been paid on a particular payment. It doesn’t show any credits that have been allocated to individual invoices though.
Take a look at this a couple of ideas I made from the PDF printout:

Idea number 1:

Idea number 2:

Either way would be fine, or even something that communicates the same information.

Basically, if we deduct money from a supplier invoice due to a credit note being taken, we need to let them know which credit note we’ve taken and for how much.