Simple inventory management

I understand you do not plan to create inventory management but I have idea for only simple inventory.
There is QTY column in inventory now.
If you add another field in purchases like “ITEM” which you can choose from inventory (similar to invoices), after saving it could update QTY in data base .
After sale it remove QTY.
I don’t think it is big problem for you.

Hi @awariat

As you rightfully mention, we have no plans at the present time to add any sort of inventory management. Personally, I see this more of a stock system feature rather than an accounting feature.

We will of course, let you know if anything changes here.

So can I ask the community & QF team which online stock control programmes you can recommend, and even better one that would nicely integrate with QF?

1 Like

Hi @StrathallanSyndicate

There isn’t one that we would recommend over any other. However, we do integrate with Zapier which may offer a few options.

As this is the feature request thread, it may be worth starting a separate thread for other community members to put their suggestions forward for you.

Hi @StrathallanSyndicate,
would you like to give a try to https://smiels.com?.

Does quick file have any stock management / stock control to its software ?

You seem to be able to create items (Sales Inventory) which can then be used in both Sales invoices and purchase invoices. Price is attached to items and a nominal account for sale or purchase. However there appears to be no way to view sales/ purchases on an item by item basis, and no reporting associated with items - very frustrating as this would be a major step forward for my workflow… Incidentally - purchase order items are not a reflection of Sales Order items and there is no corresponding record of changing inventory levels.

Hi @JonathanHB

That’s correct - it’s more of a templating tool rather than a stock control tool.

We don’t have a built in stock control module.

I have, however, merged the thread with an existing thread. You may wish to add your vote at the top of the thread, or even check out the tool @smiels mentioned above.

1 Like

Hi
I am fairly new to QuikFile and am loving it!
Can I just clarify…if I put total inventory into the list, will it reduce as I invoice sales, thus giving me an up to date stocklist?
Thanks
Sharon

Hello Sharon

Can I just clarify…if I put total inventory into the list, will it reduce as I invoice sales, thus giving me an up to date stocklist?

It doesn’t work in this way unfortunately, there is no stock control functionality in QuickFile.

The idea behind the inventory management is just an easy way to store product lists etc to save time on the data entry (e.g. select a code rather than typing product descriptions).

Thanks for the quick reply! Can Zapier help here at all?

Hello @penllynpat1

There are a number of integrations they offer with QuickFile