Smpt not working

Hi there i have been trying to fix this for a week.
My activation code is not being sent out to my emails to confirm.
The message i receive is below>>
The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first. For more information, go to

Quickfile is not sending out any activation codes via e.mail

I’m not very techy so appologies if this is of no help. It looks like your getting an error so quickfile won’t be able to send the code anyway. What happens if you try it with starttls ticked?

1 Like

Starting multiple topics won’t make it work.

It looks like there was a problem reaching your SMTP service
Error Message The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: 5.7.0 Authentication Required. For more information, go to
More Details –

Sorry if i missed it but whats the more details? As I said I’m not technical by far but if your not authenticated it would suggest something with the username and password. I see the other thread lurch referred to and there was mention about an app password. Have you tried that? Just trying to rule out what people have said in hope it helps

There is a help guide on the app password thing with google assuming your still using google. Using a 2-step verification Google Account with QuickFile

I had a simialr issue a while ago, I changed the port used from 465 to 587, not had an issue since.

1 Like

Hi there finally found out the problem. came from Google as you need to accept 3rd party apps for the mail to work. Thanks for all this help and this info maybe useful again in the future.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.