Snail Mail receipt

Hi,
I use the snail mail service and I am looking now for the receipts (purchase invoice over £0.54 for each mail sent). I had a look on the quickfile billing page and on the snail mail manager page but can’t find it. Any ideas?
Thank you

Hi @rhc

If you click on your company name in the top right corner and select “Billing”, you will find any related invoices there (for top ups and subscriptions), along with a breakdown of any activity.

If you haven’t topped up the account and used part of the £1.20 promotional credit for snail mail, you will just see an entry for the free credit as there’s no purchase for it.

Hope that helps! :slight_smile:

Hi QFMathew,
Thank you for your quick reply.
Yes, I am on this page (please see screenshot) but when I click Invoice quickfile shows the invoice which was sent through snail mail and created the £0.54 expense. But I look for a receipt/purchase invoice from snail mail or quickfile which shows the £.0.54 I paid to quickfile/snail mail for my records and may for hmrc/taxman.

Thank you

The actual expense would be the account top up. Did you top up the account prior to this, or did you use the promotional credit (£1.20) that came with your account?

You should see a line similar to this, with a link to the “Receipt”:

Card Payment: 1234567890123456 View Receipt

Yes, I topped up my account with bigger sum to cover power user subscription, bank feed and snail mail postage for the next few month. I can see the transaction but how do I record this in quickfile because it is for different things over a long period?

The credit is generally only for snail mail, but if you send us a private message when your subscriptions are due for renewal, we can look at sorting that out for you.

You would record the transaction as the larger sum as you would have a matching transaction for this in your bank account too. The invoice we issue is for the top up amount rather than the individual items.

Hope that makes sense?

Thanks QFMathew,
Can I ask another, related question? Is there a way to get the quickfile invoices (for power user sub., bank feed and so on) automatically moved to the receipt hub, or have I to download the receipts and uploaded again.
Sorry, this question was asked before (I think) but I can not find the post.

Hi @rhc

Sure you can :slight_smile: It’s why we’re here!

There isn’t an automated way to import those invoices to the receipt hub unfortunately.

Likewise, I’m sure there was a feature request for this but I can’t find it. Will update my post if I come across it

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.