Square API Feed Errors - Erroneous Entries

Following on from my #1 Split Payments, #2 Refunds bug report, this is the third (and final :wink:)

#3 Additional/Erroneous Entries

Issue:

I haven’t spotted any examples in the feeds processed in 2022, but initially we seemed to be getting additional entries added to the Sales feed that don’t reconcile with data from Square POS.

*NB All generated using the overnight enhanced feed and system auto tagging rules etc.

Examples:

In this first example there are 4 x transactions showing in Square, yet 5 x transactions within QuickFile. SQ_Sales £176.00 vs QF_Sales £186.00

SQ_vs_QF_02122021.pdf (160.7 KB)

In this second example, there are again 4 x transactions showing in Square feed, yet 5 x transactions within QuickFile. SQ_Sales £239.00 vs QF_Sales £339.00

SQ_vs_QF_16122021.pdf (129.2 KB)

Action Required:

Whilst extra money is never a bad thing…we can’t spend virtual cash, but will still be taxed upon it! :money_mouth_face:

Jokes aside I haven’t seen any more instances of extra entries so I’m hopeful it’s a bug you’ve already resolved, but it would be useful if you are able to access the logs for these transactions and see what caused these extra false entries to be generated.

Hi @Scruffies

Thanks for reporting this!

Just a quick post to say that we’ve picked up this issue and investigating these with our development team.

As soon as I have further information, I will update you.

1 Like

Hi @Scruffies

Our team have made some changes in regards to the feed which should address this going forward.

While I can’t say for certain what caused the entry on this occasion, I would delete the erroneous entry for now and keep an eye on it going forward.

If this happens again, just drop us a line at the earliest opportunity and we can investigate further.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.