Square API Feed Errors - Refunds

Following on from my #1 Split Payments bug report.

#2 Refunds

Occasionally we process refunds within Square POS - mostly due to teething issues with the new payment system (or my own Sausage Fingers! :slight_smile: )

Issue:

When comparing the Sales data in QuickFile, vs the corresponding entries within Square, there are some instances where they don’t reconcile correctly.

*NB all our refunds thus far have been processed the same day, so the overnight feed should account for these changes -either altering the value of a Sale or canceling it out completely etc.

Example:

In this example PDF shows SQ_Sales £200 vs QF_Sales of £277.33, over reporting the transactions by £77.33

SQ_vs_QF_15062022.pdf (213.9 KB)

There’s two issues here, firstly the refund hasn’t been applied (so a Sale at a value of -£76.00) and the subsequent internal refund of associated merchant fees (£1.33) has been captured as a separate Sale.

Action Required:

Please can you review the overnight data feed scenarios & logs to understand what’s happening to these transactions currently (is QF generating an error for these negative entries or are they simply not being captured?) and what options might be available to resolve for future instances - fingers crossed you can expand the scenario/logic to recognise these as additional items and process them correctly, possibly simply as a Sale but with a negative balance? :thinking:

Hi @Scruffies

Thanks for reporting this!

Just a(nother) quick post to say that we’ve picked up this issue too and investigating these with our development team.

As soon as I have further information, I will update you.